I see the need to create this blog knowing most of us are at home 24/7 with nothing to do but watch the news, afraid of the dangers of the outside, with high hopes that soon the pandemic will come to its end and; we can have all the time to meet our loved ones and then continue the small steps we took in reaching our dreams. What frightened me is that I have read different articles claiming that the coronavirus generates more individuals who seek help for suffering depression that leads them to commit suicide.
Well, people might say that we control what we have in mind. Still, we can't avoid the fact that what we saw on the news, what we heard every day, the cries, the loss, unemployment, missing close ties, and; our fear causes depression and anxiety. There is not a day in my quarantine journey that I don't get the chance to open my messenger app and read messages from my close friends who are suffering from anxiety. Some of them still have their jobs during such time when people would do everything to get one.
See? Some people who already have everything still get depression, proof that the mental illness never chooses their victim. So, it's a good thing that you clicked this blog since I want to share the little things that made me so positive even when I am at home 24/7. It may not be everything you needed as of now. I know you will find this helpful.
SIMPLE WAYS TO COPE UP WITH STRESS, ANXIETY, AND SLEEP DEPRIVATION
Having a healthy balanced diet and daily exercise has a good impact on our health. There are also simple steps that will prevent a person from getting stress, depression, and anxiety during this crisis. If you have trouble sleeping, try;
- Scented Candles - I always lit these before bedtime to calm my mind. It will also make you feel relaxed and help you sleep better, don't place it near a window or places with stocks of paper. I prefer the ones with Chunks sizes since it will burn for almost 24 hours.
- Audio Therapy - Nothing felt so relaxing than to sleep while it is raining outside. One video from youtube that I still listen to is an 8D audio entitled 'One Hour Real Rain and Thunder.' Try it and let me know what you think.
If you are anxious for no specific reason, then;
- Don't spend too much time on Social Media - When you wake up, the first thing that you can think about is your phone. Who dm-ed you, your new notifications, latest trend and; what is going on around the Globe, I also do that even though I knew that it is unhealthy. It is a thing that most of us are practicing all our lives. Don't you know that there is a study that proves the negative impact of social media? One example, It builds insecurity for some teenagers who differentiate their lives from those they see on social media, therefore getting anxious for not getting what they want. It does not only apply to teenagers but with everyone. Social Media causes depression and all sorts of unpleasant behaviors. Well, we don't want to go around being addicted to our phones all our lives. One thing that makes me forget that social media existed is diverting my attention to what I call my passion. I love writing poems, creating blogs that most of them I don't dare to publish, and listening to different audio therapies.
If you feel all alone and suicidal thoughts kept bugging you, you should;
- Talk about how you feel - Every time you feel so burdened, look for someone you can talk to about anything. Your loved ones may be far away, but people who care about you will always be one call or text away. Trust me. If You got the chance to tell them what you feel, you would feel a little less burdened.
- Write what you feel - I know most of you would agree that there are times we feel so alone, and we reach out to someone for guidance, advice, and protection yet it seems as if everyone is tied up with their busy schedule, leaving you with doubts about your existence. It already happened to me a lot of times, but I always have journals and notepads where I used to write how I feel. I would take those pieces of paper and literally came up with new ideas for blogs. They call it 'Journaling' since it also helps people cope up with stress, depression, and anxiety. You might say 'It is only for people who are fluent in a foreign language' Let me tell you this, you don't need to be so good in writing, You only need good content, and narrating about how you feel is already a beautiful masterpiece.
Now, I have provided the things that will also help you cope up just like me. I do hope you find this helpful, but before I finish this blog, I will leave you a bible verse that a good friend of mine sent while I was gathering answers about how she copes up with sleep deprivation and anxiety.
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." - James 4:7
Every time that you feel alone, always remember that everything is just temporary, and though your dreams are taken aback due to this pandemic, It does not mean you won't reach it. Stay positive. Always.
Love, Mikay
Nice kaau ni mikay, join group like youth or single diocese activity nice ka mahimo sharer
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you for the compliment.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete